Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mom's Got a Latte Do Today

God Bless my extremely limited Photoshop Abilities. I know how to do 2 things with that program. Resize layouts/crop em and click the brightness-tabby-thingy. Schweet. Cuz it's desperately overcast and Fall-y up in here. SO, these pix aren't perfect, but you should be able to get the jist for a little bit of inspo.

Welcome to this week's installment of Behind the Scenes Wednesday. I wish I could blame the randomness of this post on a Starbucks overload, but it's all me today. I would like to share some things that are inspiring me today and also my love of lists with you. I loove notebooks. Cute little notebooks with which to write lists or sketch or record the funny things my kids' say. Seeing as I'm a busy mom of five, I am certainly "behind" in my scrapbooks. I'm finally ok with that. One way to combat the forgetting some silly little ditty that Reagan says, is to keep track of these ramblings in notebooks. I have them all over, in my diaperbag, on my bedside table, and even in my daily planner (think the now defunct Creative Planner from Memory Dock). Whenever the mood strikes me, I right down a quote, a sketch or even a blog and/or scrap page title. Just remember to wait til you get to a red light. Just sayin.

I also have notebooks just for Mosh Posh. See below. Love this little beauty I picked up at Barnes and Noble's. It's their exclusive Vera Bradley Cupcake line (mmm, for so many reasons). Just added some Thickers to the cover. I include all things Mosh Posh in here. Kit contents, sketches, add-ons, themes, etc, etc.

This love of notebooks thing of mine is not a new thing. Below you'll find an altered notebook I made for the Mosh Posh Gallery last year. I even altered the pen. It's gotta look cute for all my stuff. Beside it, you'll see the journal I used to record my notes from the start of my labor with the twins up through the month they spent in the hospital through their first few months at home. This notebook is proving invaluable as I scrap these times. Those days were nothing but a scary blur, BUT I have my notes to put a story with the pictures. It may not have started as a pretty story, but it's story that needs to be told nonetheless.



I sense a cuteness theme going on here. I found some cute free printables for the many lists I have to get me through my harried days. You can find them here: and here: One is no longer available as a freebie, but I found a super cute replacement!!

Now, onto the randomness. This is what is left over from my recent scrappy projects. Rather than putting it all away, I'm going to make something. Anybody else in? Wanna make something with your scraps? I'm planning on getting something done within the week. How bout you?



This pile o goodness is just some product I've pulled cuz I want to use it. And that old book from Patrick's Grandma's hose?!? Yumm-o. I'm scrappin them too.



Oh yeah, and one last thing. This mini I made earlier in the year, I'm finishing it up. Anybody else wanna finish something with me this week? Would love to hear. Alright, off to pull my twinnies off of Momma's Diet Coke...


4 comments:

Aphra Bolyer October 14, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Holy smokes....FIVE? And twins to boot! I'm inspired just by that alone. But then...those layouts. And now, the notebooks! Goodness, lady, you RAWK!

Jenny October 15, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

Thanks aphra. you're very sweet. No wonder Frances loves you so much.

Michelle October 15, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

Love all the stuff pulled together with Patrick's gma's book. I can't wait to see what you make! Love all the notebooks!! I think it would be fun to gussy up some note pads!! I have notebooks all over too, for writing down all the cute things my kids do and say.

kate blue October 16, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

I too am a notebook hoardie..but I should be ashamed that they are storebought or from friends...should break out my stash and do teh same-I love all of yours!!!!!!!!

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP