Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Road Test

I must confess that I have a thing for tools. I actually tend to choose hobbies and sports that require gear. Knitting, photography, cooking. I have tons of camping stuff (never mind I don't camp). Heck, I have even acquired quite a bit of gear for running. And of course, there is scrapbooking. Another thing I like to do is to push the limits of my tools. See how far I can take them. See what interesting things I can do with them.

So I broke out my Cuttlebug today and was determined to see what I could run through it. We all know we can run fabric, foam, felt, paper, etc. But what if I use something else other than cutting dies? Let's find out.

Here is what I used:
Cuttlebug
Cutting pad A
Cutting pad B (2)
Rubber pad (from Spellbinders)
A piece of craft foam (to add some more thickness)
some thick cardstock (I used watercolor paper)



Test #1 involved a paper clip.

The recipe:
cutting pad A + cutting pad B + paper clip + watercolor paper + rubber pad + craft foam + cutting pad B.

Here's a look at the die cut sandwich.


Rolled it through, while holding my breath. And this is what I got. Pretty dang cool.


I ran a few more things through. A giant paper clip, it broke my cutting pad B into chunks. A giant needle, ripped the paper. A button, it cracked. A piece of Lego, it was completed flattened (don't tell my children). And then I thought to run some chipboards, and hey, they work great.

The end result:

Not too bad for a day of road testing. I think I might try it with a zipper next. (And if you are wondering where I found that tiny clothes hanger, you'll need to look into June's add-ons... Just sayin'...)

ps: We've added a link to our Flickr group to the left. Come share your layouts and a little about yourself over there!

4 comments:

Laina Lamb May 26, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

I am SO going to do this!!!

Lisa Dickinson May 26, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

too flippin' cool. and i think i have a Barbie hanger that might work :)

Vicky May 26, 2010 at 7:23 PM  

Awesome!

Jennifer Davis May 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

So cool!

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP