Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday Tip: Clustering Those Embellishments

one of a kind girl

Aren't all those American Crafts chipboard frames included in this month's kit just simply adorable? They are perfect for housing mini-photos in, journaling, titles and even plain old patterned paper! Sometimes when designing a page you just need to keep it simple and that's what I tried to do when creating this layout featuring a photo that shares just how silly and strong-willed as well as confident my daughter is at this age! Instead of over-thinking things (which I sometimes can do when in a design rut), I started putting my frames over the striped sheet of Basic Grey paper that was in the January kit and discovered that I like how it looked! I clustered two frames and some of the fabric covered brads that I overlapped over flowers from my stash and put them all together and found that it added just enough interest to my page without taking away from my photo.

DSC05980

I loved the little fabric covered brad with the pear on it for this layout too...kind of fit in with my idea of being unique, seeing that it's the only 'food item' on the page, it seemed to work!

Be sure to check out the Mosh Posh Gallery to see how the other designer's used the American Crafts chipboard frames!

6 comments:

Debbie January 19, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

I love chipboard and adore embellies ... so cute!!!!!! TFS :)

Brook January 19, 2010 at 3:04 PM  

Such a cute photo of Zoey!!! I just love how simple and stumming this LO is. You have such talent, Jen. :)

{Sarah} January 19, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

Such a clever way of using those frames, love it!

Laina Lamb January 19, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

This is fab! Love the idea and love the yellow on this drab winter day.

Angie Blom January 20, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

this is great, I needed these frame ideas. I love all that stitching too.

Vicky January 22, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

Wow! Love the bright colors, giving your photo a bit of sass (but maybe she doesn't need any more of that :)

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP